IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING OR PLANNED STAY
At Dolphin Suites we do our utmost to support you and your travel plans. As the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to ompact our daily lives, we are doing everything we can to ensure your travel safety and provide maximum flexibility.
Through this page we would like to keep you informed about the latest developments that Dolphin Suites closely monitors.
Corona Virus on Curacao
As of July 1st travelers form certain regions are welcome to enter Curaçao again. For an up to date list of countries from which travelers are allowed to enter Curacao, we kindly refer to this link: htpps://gobiernu.cw/corona-travel-to-curacao/.
The maximum number of travelers that can enter our island (for the time being) is 10,000 per month, which is a manageable number to control any spread of the Corona virus on the island. Curaçao is seen by Europe as a safe destination to which travel can be resumed in a safe and responsible manner.
However traveling without quarantine in Curacao is now possible the following measures are set by the local authorities of Curacao and should be carefully followed:
Before your journey
Although traveling without quarantine on Curacao is now possible, the following measures have been adopted by the local authorities of Curacao. You should take the following measures into account:
- Before departure you will need to fill out the digital immigration card online. Find the digital Immigration card via this link: https://dicardcuracao.com/portal;
- Within 48 hours before departure, you need to fill out the Passenger Locator Card (PLC) and carry a printed document of proof with you. Find the PLC via this link: https://dicardcuracao.com/portal;
- Before traveling, all travelers must undergo a PCR test no more than 72 hours before the flight. You must organize the test yourself in your home country and it must be carried out by an accredited laboratory. You must have the result of the test with you during your trip to and your stay in Curacao. The test applies to travellers from 1 year old. Th airline will ask you to show your test result. You will also be asked to upload the test result via this link, in which you can also find the locations where you can perform the PCR test: https://dicardcuracao.com/portal;
- You must have a valid travel insurance, including medical coverage.
After arrival on Curacao
- Take into account the "social distancing" policy on the Island. Note: 2 meters is used for this on Curaçao;
- Wearing a mask is mandatory in the airplane and at the airport of Curaçao. So keep it in mind when you go back home, too. Bring enough face masks;
- There is a ban on major events / gatherings;
- Small outdoor activities are allowed;
- There will be a special app available with information about Covid-19 in Curaçao;
- Everyone is required to contact the authorities regarding possible symptoms of Covid-19.
Your safety during your stay
We ask all our guests to make sure your personal hygiene is adequate at all times. If you are not feeling well or experience symptoms including coughing or sneezing or shortness of breath in combination with high fever, we urge you to contact your physician before traveling to Curacao.
A comprehensive Covid-19 guidance is in place at Dolphin Suites. Some highlights of the precautions taken:
- Our housekeeping staff is thoroughly trained on an extensive cleaning and hygiene protocol controlled with checklist;
- Room seal policy is applied to indicate that guest rooms have not been accessed since they were deep cleaned and thoroughly checked;
- Extra disinfection of high touch areas in guest rooms and public areas including but not limited to light switches, door handles, elevator button, room keys, ATM machine;
- Increased cleaning frequency in public area’s and controlled with extensive checklist;
- High-temp wash & disinfectant for linens, bedding items, cushions, kitchen equipment, towels, beach towel etc.;
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are available to our guests at several places in the hotel;
- Reduced paper amenities in the room for our guests safety. Soon to be fully replaced by digital information services;
- Social distance and hygiene measures at our front desk. Soon to be expanded with digital check-in & check-out;
- Guidance for our guests as well as our employees through the whole hotel to execute and maintain the hygiene and social distance measures taken;
- Our partners that we work with to provide in transportation, delivery of medical aid equipment en car rentals all work according to strict hygiene protocols. For more information, click here;
- All staff is trained on the virus prevention protocol;
- Safety and well-being coordinators are appointed in our team to ensure your safety and operation according to the virus prevention protocols that we have in place.
Your Travel Flexibility
We remain committed to offering you flexible booking options. Given these unique circumstances we are making additional adjustments in our individual booking policies to give you extra peace of mind:
- Existing Reservations. All reservations that are scheduled for arrival before July 15th 2020, can be unlimited changed at no charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival date to a new travel period that falls within 12 months from the original arrival date (excluded the travel period from December 19th 2020 until January 3rd 2021).
We also offer the possibility to request an accommodation voucher in case you have not yet decided on a new travel date.
- New and existing Reservations. Any reservation you make – even those described as “non-refundable” – that are booked between March 15th and August 31st 2020, for any future arrival date until March 31st 2021, can be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 7 days before your scheduled arrival. An exception on this policy is made in the following situations:
If your flight has been canceled by the airline and has been confirmed in writing that it will not be able to provide an alternative flight for you prior to your arrival date of the existing booking with us.
If one of the booked travelers is tested positive on the Coronavirus 2 to 3 days before arrival and therefore restricted to take the flight.
In both cases there is a travel restriction due to the measures imposed by our local authorities at that time. In both cases we ask you to send us a copy of a written document confirming one of the above situations.
We will then provide you with the option to rebook your reservation free of charge to a new travel period that falls within 12 months from the original arrival date (excluded the travel period from December 19th 2020 until January 3rd 2021).
In order to book or change your reservation please contact our reservation agents via:
T: +5999 4752700
If your reservation is booked through a travel agency, please contact your travel agency.
At Dolphin Suites, we believe it is in challenging times like these that the power of hospitality is needed most of all. Your safety has our highest priority and we ensure you are in good hands with us.
Our team is ready for you to provide you with a safe and comfortable stay.
We hope to be able to welcome you soon again!
Thank you for your support and your trust.